This post concerns the situation where you have a dependent variable with three or more unordered categories.
Typical options for analysis include:
- Multinomial logistic regression
- Discriminant Function Analysis
- Categorical Regression (Optimal Scaling)
- David Garson's Logistic Regression Resources: The material focuses on binary logistic regression in SPSS. It does however make some mention of multinomial logistic regression. Also, many of the ideas of multinomial logistic regression can be seen as a straightforward extension of binary logistic regression.
- UCLA provide annotated SPSS output for a multinomial logistic regression
- Chan (PDF 2mb) provides an example of a multinomial logistic regression with SPSS tips.
- I previously posted some resources on binary logistic regression.